Thursday, July 29, 2010

The month of June


 Joshua helping David paint the new porch.  David and his buddy, Mark, had to replace all the rotted wood above our front door.  Gotta love the homeowners association!!!!








Joshua decided to paint the rest of the posts.  It's seriously hard work.  Look at the concentration on his face!!! 
The "circus" came to town in June.  Ok, that's not fair.  It was the circus.  There was a clown (one clown), acrobatics, fire, and animals (goats and ponies!!!) But I guess it was perfect for the boys.  It held their attention until the end. 

Joshua's first cotton candy experience.  Yeah, he really liked it!!

 Jacob got nervous when the guy was stacking chairs really high and would do a hand stand on them. 
If you ask Joshua what his favorite part was, he would say, "the lady swinging by her teeth."  Didn't get a picture of that though.





David and I were able to drop the kids off at Grand mom and Granddad's house one weekend and get away.  We had an AWESOME time.  We went golfing twice, went to Gettysburg, and went to Penn's Cave. 












not a very good picture but hey it was hot and we were golfing!






So I hit this ball.  It was pretty impressive if I do say so myself!  This tall grass is right next to the tee box for the next hole.  We had to scream "Fore."  The best part, and I hope I can explain this well, is that I hit the ball from behind this grass.  So say the ball landed on the south side of the grass, well, I hit it from the north side.  The opposite side.  I'm amazing I know.  Horrible shot with a pretty cool landing. 

Our Trip to Gettysburg - the only other picture we have together from our weekend.
 I snuck up behind David and he actually was not posing for me.  Doesn't he look like he's conquered the mountain!!









 






Ok here he is posing!

















This is the monument for the Irish Brigade.  I thought it was really cool looking backed up to the trees.  There is an Irish Wolfhound at the base of the cross.




 
 We found out that my great-great grandfather, Euratus Nelson, fought at Gettysburg in the 19th Maine Infantry.  It took some time but we found the monument.  Pretty cool.




Right outside State College, there is a place called Penn's Cave.  It's pretty interesting.  It's a cavern and wildlife area.  David and I thought we would waste some time before going golfing again and headed over there. 
First we walked into this dark hole.  Kinda freaky.  There was a line you could cross where the temperature dropped to about 52 degrees.  It was in the low 90s and I brought a jacket with me.  David loved it.
You then get into this tiny boat that they put over 20 people on.  You are touching knees with the person across from you.  On our boat we had a large group of large people and as they were getting in I freaked out and screamed because I thought we were going in.  We weren't, of course, but the lady across from me offered to hold my hand if I got scared again.  The tour guide guy, during his speech about safety, asked if you would refrain from rocking the boat because it makes people nervous.  EVERYONE looked at me!! 
I know no one is surprised by this but we had another collision.  Joshua and Jacob ran into each other at full speed.  Joshua got a fat lip and (surprise, surprise) Jacob got a bruise on his head.  I think people are going to start thinking we abuse Jacob.  He might have to get another Cat Scan on his head to make sure he doens't have damage from injuries!
Popcicles always make it feel better.
Jacob and Kate chilling at the beginning of Kate's birthday party.
So that was the month of June!

No comments: