Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Half of May

Each month I add a folder on my computer for my pictures labeled by month.  My pictures have been sitting on my camera for 15 days because I've been too lazy to create a new folder for May!!  Oh well what are you going to do!
So the beginning of this month started with Teacher Appreciation Day.  Joshua and I decided to make some cookies for his teachers.  I got flower pots that he could decorate and we made flower cookies and put them on a stick.  Of course David's comment was, "oh great, brown-noser."


We also had some fun with paint this month.  This is usually done when Jacob is still sleeping because I don't know if I had handle this with two of them yet!!!!  Joshua said he had to take off his shirt so he wouldn't get it dirty. 


refusing to smile.  surprise surprise.
We have all been kind of sick this month.  I finally took the boys to the doctor when I thought I heard crackles when Jacob was breathing.  He had an ear infection and a little fluid on his lungs so we broke out the nebulizer.  It's been two years since we needed it.  He actually hated the "chicken mask."  I would have to bribe him and that only worked half the time.  Joshua loved to put it on for some weird reason (probably because he knew candy was coming!). We all are basically better.  The boys seem healed and I still have a bit of a cough.  Not bad thought.

For Mother's Day, Joshua's class invited all the Moms to a special tea last week.  Joshua will tell you that it wasn't tea because some people don't like tea so we had lemonade.  So I dropped Jacob off at Pam's house and he got to play with trains and things while I was with Joshua.  They prepared two songs.  During the second song, Joshua would just stare at me a smile.  He was being VERY affectionate that day.  It was very sweet.  
After the songs, we sat down for our lemonade, apples and blueberry muffins.  Joshua made me a present that he happily displayed.

Then we had some time to go out to the playground.  Joshua was VERY VERY excited to show me the sandbox.  Apparently that is his new favorite thing to do on the playground.


 Then it was time to leave.  That is the side view of his teacher Ms. Derstine.  
This is on the way to pick up Jacob.  I was at a stop light, I promise!!!!  Usually when Joshua can see himself in the mirror he'll make faces but I just missed them!
 

And there you have the beginning of May. Coming soon is our trip to Florida.  Thankfully David will be driving down with me this time.  Should be interesting!!!

No comments: