Saturday, January 24, 2009

Potty Trouble

Potty Update: So I'm not sure what to do. Last night we continued the potty training. No accidents thankfully but Joshua went 8 times in 2 hours. We are using the "you get a treat after you go to the potty." So after the first time we gave him a lollipop. He had the lollipop for about 2 more pees. Right after he finished the lollipop he came up to us and said "candy." I said "No, not until you go potty." So he went potty...again. What do you do??? I can't find any internet articles that talk about excessive potty breaks for candy. Can you imagine what church will be like. Song, pee, prayer, pee, still prayer, pee....... Do you see where this is going??
I guess I should be thankful that he's going. I went out and bought some pull ups and some underware too. We'll see how it goes the next few days.

4 comments:

SarahWhite said...

I laughed out loud the entire time I was reading this post! Did he actually pee each time?

Liz said...

yes every time!! last night he came running to me screaming "CANDY." so I saids "not till you go potty" so he went potty. AAAHHHHH!!!!!

Leah said...

your children just have amazing skills in the bodily functions department... joshua can pee multiple times an hour and jacob can fart like none other

StayingAtHomeForever said...

I did the candy thing with Madison and again with Brianne. I also made a chart to hang in the bathroom. It had the days of the week and then just grids under it. Each time they went potty they got to put a sticker up and then got a piece of candy. With Kaitlyn she just got 2 stickers, no candy. One for the chart and one for her hand. Two stickers for the chart for pooping and two for her hand. Each one is different but just thought I'd share my experiences!! not fun cleaning it up either!!