
So the beginning of the new year was a little difficult for our family. Most everyone knows that the boys were sick for so long. Joshua had a bacteria infection but was better before we found out. Jacob did not get any better so at the end of the month, we ended up in the hospital.

This was our home for 5 days. Thankfully I had a bed. I saw some parents had a chair that reclined. It wasn't the most comfortable but I slept a little. This was one of the two times we were able to take the IV off. He's happy because he has freedom!
We had this little red car. Jacob LOVED LOVED it. In order to get out of the room, Jacob had to sit in the car so he wouldn't touch anything. He was considered infectious because of the diarrhea. Everytime the nurses came in and were going to touch him, they had to completely cover up...gown, gloves, mask. So we walked the halls of the Pediactrics probably 100 times NO LIE!!

Here's Jacob with his IV in. They had a brace on his arm so that he wouldn't bend his arm and pull out the IV. He was so irritated with it.

Here's a small view of the art of the walls of Pediatrics. Jacob loved to point at a turtle and cat.

When Jacob didn't have the IV in his arm, he was soooo happy. Man I love this kid:) So the update as of today is the GI doctor wants Jacob to get an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. We have to reintroduce gluten for two weeks and then lactose. Since reintroducing gluten Jacob has done really well. No diarrhea, no vomiting, and very little gas. My personal hope is that he has no problems and the doctor decides not to have the procedures. Keep the prayers coming!!!
1 comment:
I had no idea Jacob was so sick! I hope everything is much better now! I can't believe how big he is! They grow up so fast! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment