I really thought I had already posted this but I guess I forgot.
The first day of school. Joshua was soooo excited to be starting school. He was so proud of his new Thomas backpack which is a little too big! He loves it though. It's hard to see but Jacob, who is in front of Joshua in this picture, has to do whatever his brother is doing so he had to wear his backpack too!
As you walk into the school door they have these "t-shirts" hanging on the wall. The teacher took Joshua's picture at the Open House night. He thought it was so cool to see his picture.
When the kids go into the classroom, they put their backpacks in their lockers, which have our family picture on it. Jacob wanted to be in all the pictures with Joshua.
I really thought I would cry a lot. And I got teary eyed because Jacob was crying. He wanted to stay in the class with Joshua and was crying even before we left the room and didn't stop until a mile down the road.
When we went to pick Joshua up, all the parents stand outside the door as the kids are let out. So Jacob and I waited in the grass. He wasn't really feeling all the pictures and was getting a little dramatic.
Joshua getting let out...
Joshua running....
Jacob running to get hugs!!
One of the dads was nice enough to take our first day of school picture!
I wanted to do something special for Joshua's first day but didn't plan too well. I went to the grocery store because I thought I would make a blue and green cake (his favorite colors - notice his shirt! He picked it out). But decided I didn't have time (although I probably did) so I cheated and got blue and green star shaped donuts. Now I'm sure it's not really what "they" would recommend for an after school snack but it was a special day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment