Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Egg Decorating and Egg Hunt

For two weeks, Joshua has been counting down the days till we had the egg hunt at church.  He was so excited he'd start dancing.  So the day finally came and we got to decorating.


The boys didn't get too much into the egg decorating and were probably the first ones done.  So we walked around the building.  Some with a little more attitude than others.
Then they waiting "patiently" at the door.
Finally they were able to run out and find the eggs.  Joshua's specific goal was to find an egg we brought that looked like a sheep.  I told him that he might not bring it back since we didn't know where it was hidden and it was ok if someone else got to take it home.  While waiting at the door, Joshua kept asking where the sheep egg was and Jacob would yell at the door, "sheep, where are you?"

Jacob checking each egg as he picked it. 
Look in his basket on the left.  There's the sheep egg.  David helped Joshua find it. 
And finally enjoying the spoils of a hard two minutes of work.
This past week at Joshua's school they have been talking about Jesus and Passover.  One day they were having a "last supper" and praying and his teacher pulled out her camera.  As she put it, she couldn't help it.

And I was asking Joshua about when Jesus came into Jerusalem and laid palm branches on the ground.  I asked him what the people yelled and he said, "Ho-Savannah."  He has a classmate named Savannah.
As I am sitting here typing all of this, Joshua is sitting next to me trying to pull the computer off my lap.  He wants to write something.  (On a side note, when he saw the picture of his basket above he said, "There's the sheep egg.  I was able to get peanut butter candy for Daddy but I didn't get any Texas for you."  Texas is another word for Twix.)  So here is Joshua...should be interesting!

for the thomas books. i had fun egg hunting.
I don't know what "for the thomas books" means but I did help him come up with the other sentence.  He spelled every word on his own.  I helped him sound out "hunting."  He is quite amazing with his reading and spelling.
That it for today!! 

No comments: