Friday, October 17, 2008

Introducing Jacob Myles Garrett

First Family Picture
Daddy, Mommy, Joshua and Jacob

What a week! Jacob was born October 7th, a week early much to my surprise. I was having contractions and back labor so the doctor felt that we should do the c-section. All this happened within 4 hours. I cried cause I was not mentally prepared to have the baby yet. But of course I'm so happy he's here. He was 7 lbs 7 oz and 21 inches long (Joshua was 7 lbs 12 oz and 19 1/2 inches).

My boys




When Joshua first met Jacob, he cried cause I was holding Jacob. But Joshua got over it pretty quick especially when he got to hold his little brother. Ever since, Joshua has to kiss Jacob before leaving the house and will walk up to me with his arms stretched out saying "baby."


From only child to proud big brother!!!




We got home on Friday afternoon. We had a home nurse come on Saturday and after drawing blood, we found out his biliruben was elevated. The doctor ordered a Walabi blanket. So for 3 days Jacob was hooked up to the annoying contraption that he had to wear 24 hours a day. The only time we turned it off was to move him from the couch to the bed upstairs. We were able to take it off at midnight on Wednesday. We had a glow worm for 3 days!!!



We haven't really done too much over the past week. Thankfully Donna is here to help with all the house stuff. A absolute blessing since I'm not supposed to do anything. I'm not supposed to pick anything heavier than Jacob and limit my stair climbing for 6 weeks. It's very frustrating cause I feel so much better now than when I did after I had Joshua. It's hard not to pick up Joshua or want to go up the stairs whenever I need to. There have been a few days when I pushed it a little to far cause I'll wake up and my body just aches. Besides all that, I'm doing very well.


Today David and I took Jacob to his first doctor's appointment. He's doing well. He weighs 7 lbs 12 oz. (typically doctors want the babies to get back to their birth weight by 2 weeks....Jacob has surpassed that). When they measured him at the office he was only 20 1/2 inches (1/2 in shorter than the hospital) so someone was off (my vote is for the doctor's office!!!!!).

No comments: